I absolutely believe I can make it to my goal of 10 lbs by the first weekend of August… but I’ve gained back the 3 lbs I lost. My feet are swollen like water-filled balloons. So are my ankles. Alot of that weight is water.
So, to reach my goal, I have added some mini-challenges:
- Walk 8000 steps a day (this is actually rather easy between walking at the bus and at work)
- Eat 4 or more servings of fruit/veggies per day
- Back to the 60 days of being in the Word (the reason I started this blog in the first place!). I believe that my lack of discipline in my spiritual life is reflected in my lack of discipline in my physical body. Gluttony is my middle name right now.
- Eat at home. Bring my lunch. Stop eating at the Commons. It’s got to be loaded with too much sodium.
- Go to bed early enough so I can get up early enough to fix breakfast.
- Write it down.
Entire bags of cookies. Too much caffeine. I could beat myself up for days. Not going to. Starting over. Right now. I’ve got my neighbor Dino’s book and I’m going to bring it tomorrow and make copy of the journal pages and use them. I have other food journals (one from the Center for Human Nutrition… another from Body Works that I actually like)… but sometimes change is good. Try a new journal for a while. Staring at the fact that I wrote down that I ate a dozen oreos is ugly.
I’m going to make a separate page where I will put in brief log entries for accountability.
Do I go back to the gym? Do I work out at home for the short term? I don’t know yet. Will decide that one later.