Mandy threw down a blogging challenge and I think it is a good way to get back into blogging. I wasn’t sure which one to put it on but this is the blog I like more right now (because I like the TARDIS and while I don’t think the Empire is all that cool, the name rocks). So – here we go!
Your response to everyone’s favorite question: “And why are YOU still single?”
- “Because my awesomeness is overwhelming.”
- “Smith and Wesson didn’t approve.” (My cats)
- “He didn’t like Smith and Wesson and you know, that just won’t do.”
- “He didn’t like Firefly and that is a non-negotiable, right up there with ‘Does he love Jesus?'”
- “If I told you about the last date I went on, you wouldn’t be surprised as to why I am still single. Yeah, that’s open ended. No one’s perfect, but throwing a hissy fit at the Adventure Science Center of pressing the Spanish language option instead of the English option… Yeah. No.”
I think the honest truth is that I’m still single because I kind of radiate a fear of commitment. I like my space. I like doing things my way. MINE – not yours. I don’t want to share the remote.
It is hard for me to be open and vulnerable with people even as I get to know them because I don’t want to be hurt again.
So, while it would be fun and blame all the men out there in the world for not picking me because I’m too smart, too fat, too loud, too grumpy, or too whatever, it isn’t always them.
(Not pushing the thoughts any further because there are some similar topics coming up that will give me a chance to write more.)